Old January 16th 04, 01:17 AM
Mike O'Malley

"Roy Smith" wrote in message
Researching a question from a club member, I read in the FAR's:

§ 23.207 Stall warning.
[...]
(b) The stall warning may be furnished either through the inherent
aerodynamic qualities of the airplane or by a device that will give
clearly distinguishable indications under expected conditions of flight.

Every plane I've ever flown has a mechanical stall warning device (some
visual, some aural), but apparantly it's possible to certify a plane
without one. Does anybody know of any real life examples of planes
certified without stall warning devices?

Planes I've flown without stall warning devices:
Bellanca 7ECA Citabria
Piper J3 Cub
Piper PA11 Cub
Piper PA12 Super Cruiser
Piper PA18 Super Cub

Many older aircraft do not have them, heck, the stall horn in a C172
startled me for a second after flying rag wing Pipers for a few hundred
hours...

--
Mike