Old April 13th 06, 04:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Zenith CH701 or ICP Savannah

I've got the Savannah. I chose it because it was available quicker,
and with all the predrilled holes, it went together in about 275 hours
instead of the 700 or so for a 701.

I've flown both, and they are very similar in flight. I like the looks
of the 701 a little better, and the larger, lower cabin roof window
gives better over the wing visibility. The Savannah came with more
standard equipment and gauges. The bubble door option on the 701 is
nicer. The gross take off weight of the Savannah is now 1232 pounds,
but I think the Zenith is more like 1100.

The dealer for Savannah in North America has a pretty good comparison
on their website: http://www.skykits.com/Comparison.htm

I've got 145 hours on my plane, now, and love it. It is not a speed
demon. At 55% power, I cruise at 80 mph. For flying low, slow, and in
control, either plane is great.

I'm an old fart, 57 years. I started flying lessons in January, 2004,
got my certificate in May, ordered and recieved the kit in late July,
and had it flying the day after Christmas 2004. For me the most
important thing was to get flying before I get too old to remember why
I started the project.

tom