Old May 11th 06, 06:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default MoGas Tips, Tricks, Concerns, How To

"nrp" wrote in message
ups.com...
Dick Collins in Flying mag had a new '75 Skyhawk that he tried to run
on 100LL using aggressive leaning techniques. I recall he got to 800
hours TT before writing a bitter editorial (who would do THAT nowdays?)
about his engine's bad case of lead poisoning, and ended with " a four
cylinder engine running on three cylinders gives a message that's hard
to ignore".

What engine does the 75 Skyhawk carry?

Collins also wrote an article about a year ago (June '05 ?) after putting
GAMI's in his P210 castigating LOP. GAMI and Mac McClellan both returned the
broadside as it was obvious he didn't bother to learn the techniques. The
manager at GAMI, Tim Roehl, stated in an email, "He has never asked us for
assistance in getting it right, or doing it right. We have invited him to
come visit us and fly with us, to no avail. I guess he must know
everything. Disappointing to mislead so many people in the perseverance of
such "old wives tales."

GAMI's Jean-Paul Townsend stated in an email, " I would personally pay the
$995 for him to go to the Advanced Pilot Seminar. He has been offered a
gratis seat before, but he won't take it."

Say le vie, I guess.

--
Matt