Old April 25th 07, 08:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
Daryl Hunt

Default VISUAL AIRCRAFT RECOGNITION

"Flashnews" wrote in message
news
Again guys it all depends on where you are looking from

The twin tails - F-14 / F-15C / F-15E / MiG-29 / Su-27 / Su-30 all have
some view that will confuse and bother you trying to sort them out of a
many-vs-many, each looks like the other from some view, perhaps the
Su-30 is the most recognizable especially if it has canards

The F-4 and F-14 at ranges over 1.5 miles seemed to have had lots of
mis-que's, smoke or not

The MiG-21 and F-5 are essentially the smallest fighters short of a few
who have seen or flown against the Gnat
but they too can be deceiving in planform - but just for a second. From
head - on they are simply "dots" and it takes a lot of practice to
actually see one after he has turned in on you - and that's all training
of course.

I do believe the majority of US losses in Vietnam were suffered without
the crew knowing they were being shot at, and that means we were
surprised a whole bunch and likewise the majority of people downed were
not turning and burning in a dogfight they were lay a chaff corridor,
smoking along on an ingress route or running home - but taken from the N
Vietnamese AF, they were still kills

Tinkerbell flies a desk and has never been involved in any of this.
Besides, you are correct. The one that gets you is the one you don't see.
That's been the lament of flyers and more since the Plane was introduced
into warfare.

"Tankfixer" wrote in message
nk.net...
In article .com,
mumbled
The F-14, F-15 MiG-29 and Su-27 series all look a LOT alike in motion
to most people. MiG-21 and the F-4 look virtually identical in
flight.

The Mig21 and the F4 look almost identical in flight ?
I'm sure that is a suprise to any number of USAF and USN fighter
pilots.

OPEN THIS FILE AT HOME, NOT AT WORK!!!

Why not at work ?

MIKE

from Secrecy News
www.fas.org

VISUAL AIRCRAFT RECOGNITION (FOUO)

You do know what FOUO means ?

See "Visual Aircraft
Recognition," U.S. Army Field Manual FM 3-01.80, January 2006 (413

I guess I should put my 1983 copy up for historical purposes

Usenetsaurus n. an early pedantic internet mammal, who survived on a
diet of static text and
cascading "threads."