Old February 8th 10, 05:34 AM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mike Ash

Default Cirrus crash midair

In article ,
Bug Dout wrote:

"Ian D" writes:

The conclusion as to why this was happening came down to
one word... arrogance. Being in the business of saving lives
these individuals felt that they could handle any situation.

Last summer a doctor I and many others knew stalled a C150 at Lake Tahoe
and killed himself. Arrogrance would be an understatement for that
fellow. And yes, a friend who knew him better than me said the doc
expressed that: he had cheated death on the operating table often, he
could cheat it in the air.

I can certainly see where, being a doctor, flying might seem easy by
comparison and might not get the respect it deserves. The basic training
certainly is easier, just compare the amount of time you need to
dedicate to getting, say, a PPL with the amount of time needed for
medical school. But just because it's easy to learn the basics doesn't
mean you can treat it without respect....

--
Mike Ash
Radio Free Earth