Old May 2nd 04, 12:52 AM
Roy Smith

In article 46Wkc.10279$Ik.844723@attbi_s53,
"Dave Johnson" wrote:

wrote in message ...

Dave Johnson wrote:

I "discovered" Jepp has decided to remove the radial/distance/from fix

info
on the airport plan view that defined the ARP.

Am I the only one that uses the info .. loaded into the RNAV .. so, for
example, when ATC says 'radar contact 6 NE of the xyz airport' I can

look at
the RNAV and verify that I am that far from it? Until I had RNAV I
basically just agreed with ATC.

Well anyway, they decided to drop the info off the charts and it appears
didn't notify any of their subscribers.

Dave
Seneca III driver

What's the problem? With RNAV, the airport identifier is the position of

the
ARP. That could either be the active waypoint or referred to on the

"NRST"
airports reference page.

The PROBLEM is .... my King RNAV unit requires me to enter the
aforementioned data manually into one of four storage slots and I don't
carry it around in my head. It was on the Jepp Airport chart.

Have you tried talking to Jepp and expressing your desire that the
information stay on the charts? I've known them to be pretty responsive
to user input.