Old September 5th 07, 05:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3

Default water meters

On Sep 5, 9:52 am, Roy Bourgeois
wrote:
Does anybody have experience with this product or similar?:

http://www.watersavers.com/docs/yardandgarden_wat.shtml

I am looking for an inexpensive and lightweight water meter to measure
ballast. Any suggestions?

Roy

Roy,

I use a model very similar to the one Paul is showing. Pluses:

- Accurate.
- Designed to work even with relatively low flow rates.
- Rugged.
- Simple

Minus
- A bit bulky and heavy (maybe 2-3 lbs).

I've seen several guys using a digital meter at contests. Though the
digital meters are pretty slick, I've adopted the KISS principle
lately on all of my supporting gear. I worry that the electronic
meters can have battery issues and that they may not be quite as
robust (mine tends to sit either in the cargo bin of the trailer with
tail dollies and towout gear or in the ballast box on top of the
roof).

Erik Mann
LS8-18 P3