Old June 27th 04, 01:29 AM
Matt Whiting

The Weiss Family wrote:
All,

We had an open house at our local airport here in Minden, NV (MEV) today.
It turns out there is a flying club based here that I didn't even know
about!

They have a late 60's 182 with a Pertesen conversion (260 HP, I think) and a
70's Grumman Tiger.
I think those are two great planes, but I was wondering a bit about the
costs.

They cost is $4000 to join (returned when you leave).
Then $179 monthly dues.
And then $80/hr wet rate for either plane.

That sounds pretty expensive on the surface, but then I'm not familiar
with prices in your part of the country. I belong to a flying club in
Elmira, NY and our costs for a 1967 PA-28R (Arrow) a

$200 to join (I don't think this is refundable.
$100 deposit (I think this is refundable)
$1 share of ownership (This is refundable also)

$90/month dues

$56/hour wet rate (based on engine tach time, not Hobbs meter)

Matt