Old November 24th 05, 12:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Prop strike effect on resale value?

Mike Spera wrote:
Ron Natalie wrote:
Mike Spera wrote:

As others have stated, you need to follow the engine manufacturer's
instructions following a prop strike or "sudden engine stoppage".
Usually this calls for inspection of the crank runout at a minimum.
Some call for engine teardown

"Some" includes both Lycoming and Continental.

Ron,

I thought they both had that requirement somewhere, but I was not sure
whether it was binding (via some FAA reg.).

It's not an FAA requirement in most instances. It is however the
manufacturers recommendation in all cases (like TBO).