Old December 19th 06, 09:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
KM

Default Intimidation by SLC TRACON

Tim Taylor wrote:
I was just leaving Ogden Peak headed north when I heard a life flight
heli report they were going to be passing a few miles behind me. I
contacted Ogden Tower and gave them a traffic advisory of where I was
and my heading. The tower reported no conflicting traffic in my area
and thanked me for the advisory. A minute later he called me back and
said the TRACON had requested that I call them when I land. I asked if
he knew why, but all he could say was they requested I call.
Tim

Tim,
I do quite a bit of flying out of Cedar Valley and Morgan.I ussually
have very good service from Approach Control and I always call or at
least monitor when I am anywhere near an arival corridor and they are
always very helpful.I cannot comment about Tracon though.Some of what
you have experienced may be the residual effects of one of our intreped
government representitives at the local FSDO who tried to interprate
the FARs to read that we MUST have a transponder to fly over the class
B.