Old January 3rd 07, 11:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Diamond Jim

Default Person claiming to be a US Navy aviator Vietnam vet

"qui si parla Campagnolo" wrote in message
ups.com...

Boomerang wrote:
Doesn't the last line of the first paragraph say "SGT, USMC"?

When I went to El Toro, MCAS on a X/C, about a hundred years
ago(actually in 1974), with my primary instructor in VT-25(Dave
McNally, foto F-4 pilot)., he introduced me to one of the last(last?)
USMC enlisted pilots. Flew 2 hole 'E'A-6Bs..very cool.

Hummmmmm? You sure about that date? The last four Marine Enlisted Pilots
(NAP's) retired at the same time on Feb 1st 1973. The last Navy Enlisted
Pilot (NAP) retired on Jan 31, 1981. The last Coast Guard one retired
sometime in 1979? I believe.

However they may have been a few Marines, former NAP's, that were not on
flight status, or who held commisions the retired after that. But those four
were the last Enlisted Marine Pilots that were flying. If someone wants the
names, I can contact a friend and get them. He has a copy of the ALMAR (All
Marine Message that announced their retirement).