Old March 5th 18, 11:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

Default Al-Ko Trailer Tongue failure

On Friday, March 2, 2018 at 10:39:45 AM UTC-8, Papa3 wrote:
Nope. Thought about that. Plenty of room to drop it without needing to jack up the trailer first, even with one tire down. Worst case can unhook the hitch, chock both wheels, and drop the front end. Lots of clearance that way.

I once drew up plans for a spare tire post for a Cobra that locates the spare on the side of the trailer, just forward of the right fender. As I recall, it bolted to reinforced areas already in the underside of the trailer bed, with maybe one extra hole required. I wouldn't be averse to fabbing a couple of them.

--Bob K.