Old May 25th 07, 12:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Kyle Boatright

Default Avmap 2000c onsale???

At SnF, I had a nice discussion with the outgoing President of Lowrance. He
indicated that the company would probably have an XM Aviation weather
product out by next year, but he could have been sandbagging. I dunno. He
also said Lowrance would have been first to market with XM weather, but the
parent corporation re-tasked the R&D folks to providing solutions for large
marine users.

KB

"Peter Westerkamp-TBRR" wrote in message
I have been looking for a decent, nice size color screen GPS for under
$1,000. Just recently the Lowrance Avmap 2000c has gone on sale for as
little as $699! I called one of the dealers (Gulf Coast Avionics) just to
check if it is a sale or a "close out" and was assured it is just a
temporary sale.

Is this too good to be true, could it be that Lowrance is planning a
release soon of a 2000x with weather?

I like the unit but would like to avoid buying a unit that could be
obsolete in months.

Any thoughts?

Peter