Old May 25th 07, 06:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Darrel Toepfer

Default Avmap 2000c onsale???

"Peter Westerkamp-TBRR" wrote:

I have been looking for a decent, nice size color screen GPS for under
$1,000. Just recently the Lowrance Avmap 2000c has gone on sale for as
little as $699! I called one of the dealers (Gulf Coast Avionics) just
to check if it is a sale or a "close out" and was assured it is just a
temporary sale.

Thats about what we paid over 2 years ago, although without the
terrain...

I'm debating whether to upgrade the terrain/database before OSH or to
wait and see what deals are available there. I'll have some extra 1/2
Gig SD cards along for the trip for that purpose...

Anybody got a good discount location for the terrain + current update
now? Next cycle is: 7/5/2007 - 8/1/2007

I also fly with an Axim/PocketFMS/BT GPS system, thats always current. I
get the weather/winds through that, but it requires internet access
(802.11x) for updating along the way...