Old March 22nd 06, 05:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Lonely up there?

In a previous article, "Steven P. McNicoll" said:
"Paul Tomblin" wrote in message

When I'm heading up to Ottawa, though, sometimes I have to call Wheeler
Sack to remind them that they're supposed to give me a re-route (you can't
file a flight plan with CYRIL in the US, but as you're approaching the ART
VOR they give you a re-route to fly to CYRIL and then execute the CYRIL
ONE arrival).

You can file a flight plan with CYRIL in the US. Who said you couldn't?

Buffalo FSS. Every time I try, they say it's not in their computer. I
can't do it in DUATS either.

"Invalid route element identifier CYRIL
OLAB quickpath command did not finish successfully
Parameter 9: 'V2 KONDO ART CYRIL' is invalid"

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
Programmer (n): One who makes the lies the salesman told come true.