Old July 25th 17, 02:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net

Default The Cobra "Ramp Grind" - a fix

Installed mine yesterday. The difference is amazing, like going from sand grinding to ice skating. Another great Bumper product.

A couple of thoughts (can't help myself);

- The kit replaces the ramp's sliding bolts located at the forward end. Getting those bolts off was confusing as the bolts appeared to have two heads! Huh? Some sort of puzzle for the uninitiated? I found out that one bolt "head" (top) is actually a nut that had been ground down flush. Picture at http://aviation.derosaweb.net/bumper/SRS.

- The instructions talk about removing the ramp and balancing it on the tail of the trailer and a mechanics creeper while you are replacing the sliding bolts. I found that placing the ramp onto 3 or 4 five-gallon buckets was most stable.

- My original aft rail to frame holddown bolts will need to be replaced due to getting terrifically mangled from, I think, repeated ramp deployment collisions. I heard that there are also suppose to be rubber bumpers on these bolts inside the rail but mine are missing in action. Might have been destroyed due to all those collisions! Picture at http://aviation.derosaweb.net/bumper/SRS.

Bottom line: Well worth the price!