Old August 3rd 07, 04:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
The Visitor

Default Any Baron 58 owners?

I did consider the tbm850. Great operating costs after you get over
buying it. I will have to join the CBAA as it is a pressurized turbine
aircraft. Meaning $$$ each year for membership. I think it is a few
thousand. Also obtain a private operators certificate. Training I don't
mind though. Same price is the Cessna Mustang. A real winner but again a
new aircraft, but if anybody does, Cessna knows what they are doing. If
I use it for business, I very well may go to a turboprop.

Viperdoc wrote:

It is not just the price of the purchase, but also recurrent training and
the cost of operation, like burning lots of jet A. Plus, a new technology
will still have teething pains, and I personally would wait a while before
getting into a VLJ.

If I had the cash, I would get a TBM, which looks to be a solid airplane. I
was not too impressed with the sales force at OSH- diffident, uninterested,
a bit arrogant, snobbish, etc. However, it still looked to be a good
airplane.