Old December 23rd 06, 09:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gizzy

Default First SR-22 flight

Seems like the other clubs I h ave looked at, they charge a monthly membership
fee, which goes towards the airplane, then an hourly fee for using the plane, the
membership for the 22 is limited at 10 or 15 people, forgot which.

in the ones where you own shares of the airplane I have looked at, you usually
have to put down a large amount of money, say, 4 owners on the club, each person
has to put in 1/4 of the price of the plane, if you want out, you have to sell
your share of the plane. I know there are several ways to have a flight club.
But with a $400k + airplane, its hard to keep the rates real low.

Dan wrote:

Gizzy,

Thanks. I got the info. It looks more like a "rental" arrangement than
a club though. I belong to a non-profit club where all members own
shares of the aircraft. The "non-profit" arrangement keeps the rates
low.

--Dan