Old November 18th 05, 10:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default leaning in climb

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 13:02:57 GMT, "Matt" wrote:

Hi everyone. I have a leaning question. The POH for my 152 says that the
mixture should be leaned to best power after passing 3000 feet in the climb.
However in other places in the POH (and the Lycoming site) they say not to
lean when at 75% power or higher in cruise. My question: Is the engine
developing less than 75% power during the climb; and is this why leaning in
the climb is OK? Does this guidance in the POH seem contradictory to anyone
except me?

Thanks for all your help.

Matt

I don't think anybody has mentioned the following information, from
Lycoming, which may be useful:
http://www.lycoming.textron.com/supp...ns/SI1094D.pdf