Old July 30th 03, 10:52 AM
Cub Driver

When the local weekly newspaper "Algona Upper Des Moines" elicited WWII
veterans' stories a couple of years ago, it was inundated with the
stories from German POW's who had returned to live in the Algona
(Kossuth Co.) Iowa area after repatriation back to Germany.

I wonder how many American and British Commonwealth troops went to
live postwar in the vicinity of the camps where they'd lived as guests
of the German and Japanese governments?

The best book I've read on this subject is Prisoners of the Japanese,
by Gavan Daws www.danford.net/daws.htm

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: www.danford.net/letters.htm#9

see the Warbird's Forum at http://www.danford.net/index.htm
Vietnam | Flying Tigers | Pacific War | Brewster Buffalo | Piper Cub