Old November 10th 03, 07:18 AM
Dave Kearton

"Gord Beaman" wrote in message
"M. J. Powell" wrote:

It still doesn't ring true to me Mike...Listen closely to the
announcer here while picturing him in a mind-numbing world of
harsh noise so loud that it's almost painful. He's speaking in an
almost conversational tone. I really can't see him doing that,
he'd be shouting, it's human nature to do so.

Anyway, it's possible that I'm wrong here but I don't really
think that I am.
--

-Gord.

--

I have to agree with Gord. Even the most experienced war reporter in
Britain (assuming he has some convoy work or Middle East experience under

That steely British resolve tends to fall away a bit when you're shot at by
night fighters. I'm sure that under the same circumstances I'd be
squealing like a choirboy - not as calm and collected as the people on the
recording

Cheers

Dave Kearton