Old February 6th 04, 01:54 PM
ArtKramr

Subject: MARKET GARDEN ALL OVER AGAIN? WHAT THE HELL?
From: (Mu)
Date: 2/6/04 5:53 AM Pacific Standard Time
On 06 Feb 2004 03:51:21 GMT,
(ArtKramr) wrote:

MARKET GARDEN ALL OVER AGAIN? WHAT THE HELL?

The disastrous operation Market Garden was over. The losses were

considerable
as was our sense of defeat in an operation that promised to shorten the war.
Well you can't win 'em all. Upward and onward. On the 6th of October 1944
weeks after Market Garden had failed, we entered our operations tent before

the
days mission and got quite a surprise. The map was uncovered and the

operations
officer (forgot his name) announced, " "Gentlemen, the target today is the
bridge at Arnhem".

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Ave Art
Was the target the railroad bridge or the bridge which is nowadays
known as the John Frost Bridge?
I've travelled many times over the Frost bridge but can't remember any
island. Maybe it's gone since the war.

Greetz Martijn

It was the railroad bridge. Sorry I wasn't more specific.