Old June 29th 04, 02:08 PM
Kyler Laird

"John Clonts" writes:

Thanks for the tips. I found that when I use the "raw data" it does work as
you say (http://aviationtoolbox.org/raw_data/...onals/current/). Is
this what you are using?

But I have trouble when I try to use one of Kyler's "processed images" from
https://aviationtoolbox.org/Members/...s/map_explorer
I have the problems that J.G. diagnoses below.

TIFF Directory at offset 0x15ff3e
Image Width: 800 Image Length: 600
Bits/Sample: 8
Sample Format: unsigned integer
Compression Scheme: None
Photometric Interpretation: RGB color
Samples/Pixel: 3
Rows/Strip: 10
Planar Configuration: separate image planes
Tag 33550: 128.000000,128.000000,0.000000
.
.

It's that Planar Configuration setting of "separate image planes"
that is confusing Ozi. Ozi wants to see "single image plane".

Ah ha! That was causing problems for ImageMagick too. I just didn't
realize that's what was doing it.

http://www.remotesensing.org/gdal/frmt_gtiff.html

INTERLEAVE=[BAND,PIXEL]: By default TIFF files with band
interleaving (PLANARCONFIG_SEPARATE in TIFF terminology) are
created. These are slightly more efficient for some purposes,
but some applications only support pixel interleaved TIFF
files. In these cases pass INTERLEAVE=PIXEL to produce pixel
interleaved TIFF files (PLANARCONFIG_CONTIG in TIFF
terminology).

So...I added "INTERLEAVE=PIXEL" and now tiffinfo reports this.
TIFF Directory at offset 0x580a1e
Image Width: 1600 Image Length: 1200
Bits/Sample: 8
Sample Format: unsigned integer
Compression Scheme: None
Photometric Interpretation: RGB color
Samples/Pixel: 3
Rows/Strip: 1
Planar Configuration: single image plane
ImageMagick displays a beautiful image now too.

Does that solve the problem you had?

Thank you for the report.

--kyler