Old July 17th 07, 06:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Olson

Default Two PA fatalities in 2 wks.

At 02:12 17 July 2007, Bullwinkle wrote:
On 7/16/07 12:04 PM, in article ,
'Bob
Greenblatt' wrote:

And both are G102s. Coincidence?

Yes.

This is the kind of random event pair that tabloid
news services (Fox News,
for example) or your typical ill-informed government
agency (all of them,
basically) will try to make into some dangerous pattern.

But, statistically speaking, this isn't even a cluster.

My sympathies to the family and friends of the deceased.
We had a fatal
accident where I fly a few months ago, and it's a really
hard thing to deal
with. Still having repercussions.

Just be careful out there,
Bullwinkle

Except they weren't BOTH G102's!!!!. (If the news reports
are corect the one is a Speed Astir 11, which is a
G104).