Old April 27th 08, 06:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Kinda sad

On Apr 27, 12:05 am, "Mike Isaksen" wrote:
wrote:
http://www.airventure.org/2008/news/...ffordable.html

wrote ...
Yeah real sad....but the tail has been waggin' the dog for a long
time now.

Not sure I get what you guys are implying ?!?

Perhaps it could be that EAA was founded to focus on the HOMEBUILDER
not the "order a kit and have a professional shop build your $500,000
pressurized monster for you"

The EAA seems to have forgotten what the E stands for.

It was always supposed to be about the joy of flight / affordable
aircraft. It seem shocking that they now have to go searching for
affordable airplanes

Oh Well its the best option we've got right now, The AOPA caters to
the money crowd and theres not really anybody else to go to bat for
the little guy right now

The EAA does try but somewhere along the way they changed from grass
roots organization to big business. Oshkosh brings in a lot of money
and it too tempting to leave on the table and get back to your roots

Later

Larry