Old March 12th 04, 05:35 PM
Yeff

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 11:04:26 -0500, Howard Berkowitz wrote:

AFAIK, the Air Force (Corps) has never taken coffeemaking to quite the
religious ritual used by the Navy.

My last unit in the Air Force was a mobile intelligence unit (the 48th
Intelligence Squadron at Kelly AFB, San Antonio, TX). No matter where we
deployed in the field (be it Saudi, some field in Germany, or Camp Bullis
for some who-shot-who games), the first thing we did after certifying the
SCIF (Secure Compartmented Information Facility) was set up the coffee
maker in the ECP tent (Entry Control Point).

We would deploy without fresh food (only MREs until a kitchen was
established at a cantonment point), without showers, without bathrooms.
Come hell or high water though, we *would* have fresh-brewed coffee.

-Jeff B.
yeff at erols dot com