Old May 29th 04, 05:26 AM
Kevin Darling

"Blue" wrote in message ...
I have heard that most if not all of the heavies now flying have special
equipment in them to thwart hijacking. The equipment that I am referring to
is not just an autopilot which is standard but additional mechanical devices
to completely remove control from the cockpit making it possible to take
control away from the flight officers and giving that control to an outside
pilot which could be in a following aircraft or at an airport or anywhere.

It's a moot question.

There's no need for such a setup now. Cockpit doors have been
reinforced, pilots won't open it even if everyone's being killed in
back, heavies with large fuel loads probably have an air marshall
aboard.

In short, it's doubtful that another 9/11 can take place in the same
way as before, at least with passenger airliners.