Old March 10th 04, 02:32 AM
BTIZ

LOL Shawn... if the turns are "adequate".. the BFR should not be an issue...
don't have to be perfect.. just safe... but I do remember something about
the BFR standards being to the level of the rating.. so if you hold a
Commercial rating, the BFR standard is higher than a Pvt pilot.

BT

"Shawn Curry" wrote in message
Bill Daniels wrote:

The subject of preferred turn direction has come up all too frequently

on
this news group.

If you can't thermal equally well to the right and left, or fly patterns
equally well to the right and left, please get more training! Don't be
surprised if other pilots avoid you in the air until you can do both

well.

I believe that the inability to turn well in both directions is a strong
indicator of diminished flying abilities. As such, it is a reliable
precursor to an accident. On a BFR, it's a showstopper.

Bill Daniels

Equally well? So, when I do my BFR I should make my left turns slightly
less precise, so they match my perfectly adequate right turns. Seems a
bit harsh.
:-)

Shawn

P.S. I try to thermal to the right more than left, so I won't have to
fudge as much on my next BFR.