Old August 17th 10, 10:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
FlyCherokee

Default Alaska Crashes Should Serve To Remind All Pilots That MotherNature Is Always In Char

On Aug 14, 11:35*am, Mxsmanic wrote:

Another potential problem is that terrain warning systems are designed to keep
you out of harm's way, but for some pilots there might be a tendency to use
them to see how much they can get away with.

I wonder about the same thing with XM in-plane weather (apparently)
showing thunderstorm location in great detail. I could see some
pilots being drawn in too close, based on the data shown on their
screens, and then finding out too late that they are in the bad stuff.