Old February 28th 19, 01:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default high tow vs low tow

You do realise high and low refer to the slipstream don’t you!?

Speed of tow is the most important thing, I have not had so much flying in the USA but it is a problem at comps here when tug pilots used to towing slow two seaters and empty older gliders and turn up at a comp to tow heavily ballasted gliders. I understand there have been accidents over there from this.
ASGs and JSs need more speed than 2-22s but some tug pilots cannot seem to see that!