Old January 31st 18, 06:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

Default best location for boom mike

On Tuesday, January 30, 2018 at 6:22:54 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On Tuesday, January 30, 2018 at 4:51:57 PM UTC-8, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:
Any thoughts on what the best location is for a boom mike in an ASW27? Currently the mount
point is right behind my right shoulder, and when I bend it up, the gooseneck is pinched between
my arm and the cockpit edge. not comfortable.

Also, do folks like one speaker or two?

I installed a mike in the panel of my '27 and love it. I just speak as in a two seater and I come in loud and clear. Works great standing next to the glider with canopy open as well. The URL I have for segelflug.de no longer works, but I have the seller's email address if you contact me directly.

As for speakers, i have 3. Radio and secondary vario in the right speaker compartment. Primary vario speaker is in the left speaker compartment.

5Z

Mine has the boom mic mounted backwards, so it doesn't interfere with your shoulder or arm.
Using one speaker for radio and a DPDT switch to assign one of the two varios to the other speaker. Works well.
Jim