Old May 26th 05, 03:54 PM
Rolf Blom

On 2005-05-25 20:36, George Patterson wrote:
wrote:

Every day these noisy, small private planes from
Palo Alto airport destroy my living space.

Then move.

George Patterson
"Naked" means you ain't got no clothes on; "nekkid" means you ain't
got
no clothes on - and are up to somethin'.

Some years ago I read the complaints on a local anti-aviation website
that were intent on closing "my" airport.

One of the longer complaint stories was written by a family who
considered themselves terrorised by our planes; but if one dug
through the whole history of their sufferings, it turned out they had
recently moved here from the vicinity of *another* airport, and were
appalled that there was again an airport close to their new home,
obviously set on irritating them again.

Now, if I was so aggravated by noise that I had to move, I'd make damned
sure I moved well *away* from any airport, and not 'by chance' put
myself in the same situation again. But not these guys.

My take is they bought cheap 'noisy' property, then started a local
anti-avaition campaign to oust the airport, and by this hoped to raise
the property value in time for their next move.

/Rolf