Old June 16th 04, 08:21 PM
Guy Alcala

Ragnar wrote:

"Guy Alcala" wrote in message
. ..
John Cook wrote:

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 11:44:42 +0900, "Ragnar"
wrote:

Admittedly, you are no expert. Neither am I, but the question I have

is:

How often is the gun used to strafe ground targets in the first place?

If
the gun isn't used much, there isn't much point to wasting the

space/weight,
is there?

In that case, how many rounds do YOU think the F-35 should carry -- 250,

500,
1,000, 10,000? What other equipment are you willing to do without, since
space/weight will always be limited? Have you factored into your

calculations
that the F-35's FCS is likely to be far more accurate than the previous
generation, meaning that fewer rounds are needed to hit and kill a target?

Will
the GAU-12 have selectable rates of fire, and burst limiters? Autofire
capability? Here's your chance to show us your skills as an analyst.

You did read my reply to the original post, right? I'm not an expert on the
F35, so how can I show analyst skills in a subject I don't know? I could
care less how many rounds the gun carries, so long as the platform
effectively carries out the intended mission.

Sorry about that - poor snippage on my part. I was replying to John Cook's
earlier post, not yours.

Guy