Old February 23rd 04, 03:32 AM
Elmshoot

I remember talking to a Tomcat backseater who was up for an exercise to try and
get a fireing solution against a overflying SR-71. He spent about 5 minutes
explaining the problems of getting within about 3 degree position off his each
others nose and the window to get a solution was mere seconds. Pretty
interesting stuff . He never got to the window but had a hell of a time trying
to get there.

I guess the Black bird turned around so they made multiple runs. The TALOS
shooter was also trying to get a position on him. I think the SM-2 er wasn't
even a player.
Sparky