Old January 15th 10, 03:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

Default Global Warming/Climate Change

Martin Gregorie wrote:

Now, if anybody had come up with a scheme to convert CO2 into a
relatively inert, dense solid such as limestone or marble I'd say it had
a good chance of working, but none of the schemes have proposed that. All
those proposed so far either plan to compress gaseous CO2, and hope it
won't leak, or dissolve it in water, which needs huge volumes of water
and/or high pressures with the associated risk of leaks.

I've emailed you some info on studies the company I worked for before
retiring is doing to store CO2 in basalt rock, where it turns to
carbonate. We've got lots and lots and lots of basalt here in Eastern
Washington State! Makes good thermals where is exposed.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA