Old August 27th 17, 02:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

Default New PowerFLARM firmware 6.40

For those that follow this sort of thing, I notice that FLARM has published a new firmware version on Friday 23 Aug; version 6.40. Although I'm signed up for the newsletter, I haven't got one announcing this - as usual, terrible support. There is nothing in the "news" section of their website, either.

Firmware and release notes at: http://flarm.com/support/firmware-up...load-firmware/

According to the release notes, inter alia:
Version 6.06 stops working 30 September 2017
Version 6.07 stops working 31 March 2018
Version 6.08 and 6.09 stop working 30 September 2018

There do not appear to be any manual changes. The Portable manual has installation and operating instructions, the CORE only installation.

This does not appear to be a change requiring change to the Butterfly display firmware (nothing on that website). I don't check other display manuals.