Old March 16th 04, 05:17 AM
John Keeney

"Cub Driver" wrote in message
On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 00:39:47 -0500, "John Keeney"
wrote:

I like the cold nights when I'm camping. Best night's sleep I've ever had
was in a tent at Tuolumne Meadows with a low of 28 degrees.

Lookshury! Lookshury! 28 degrees isn't cold. When I was a boy, we
YEARNED for 28 degrees. When I was a boy, 28 degrees was the HIGH FOR
THE YEAR.

Ah, you grew up with my Dad then.
Fourteen miles to school, through the woods, fording the creeks,
the snow never less than knee-deep and up hill both ways. Of course
he had to go in an hour early to build the fire so he could claim the
10 cent a year payment for having done so.