Old October 2nd 07, 12:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jeff[_1_]

Default Sport Pilot Instructor instruction & checkride questions

I am flown the plane about 50 hours but until recently never from the
rear seat. How in the hell doe anyone see the airspeed altimeter. all I
can see in the "students" broad back. I can to the stalls, slow flight,
steep turns just fine but TO & Landing. I can do it but I have no idea
what the airspeed or altitude is without asking the "student.". My
question is What do I do on the check ride?

I started my training in a Champ a couple of years ago. My CFI flew the
first few lessons without being able to see the Airspeed or Altimeter. We
eventually moved both instruments to the outside edge of the panel so that
he could see them. took about 15 minutes by our mechanic.

jf