Old March 11th 05, 08:24 PM
Jack Allison

Interesting experiences Otis. Thanks for posting.

My
advice for sellers is if you want to save a lot of grief .. don't deal with
inexperienced
buyers. They'll spare no effort in trying to get price reductions out
of you regardless of the condition of the plane. It's simply not
worth the stress. Deal with someone experienced and knowledgable about
aircraft values.

I have to take some exception to a blanket statement here. Personally,
I'm an inexperienced buyer. There is airplane buying/selling experience
in our partnership but two of us have not bought a plane before. We're
not trying to reduce the price regardless of the condition. In this
last deal, we offered full asking price because it represented a fair
value for the plane.

As a buyer .. if you're a new buyer then get some help from someone
who is knowledgable. Be prepared to pay what an aircraft of the
type your looking for is worth. Some savvy help will let you quickly
know if something is a good prospect or not. You're a lot better off
paying a little more for something that's in good shape and equiped
the way you want .. than buying a bargain and having to spend a
lot of money getting it up to snuff.

Definitely agree here. IMHO, our partnership falls into this camp.

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-IA Student-Arrow Buying Student

you will always long to return"