Old June 5th 07, 03:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Dohm

Default Gasohol

"Blueskies" wrote in message
t...

"Darrel Toepfer" wrote in message

. 18...
"Tri-Pacer" wrote:

Sportys used to sell a test kit that contained a chemical that would
turn purple if added to a fuel sample that was gasahol.

I have no idea of what the chemical was. It was a very easy to test
the fuel. They claim that their supplier no longer exists. I bought a
bunch of the kits and have about 1/2 a vial of the chemical left.

I sure would like to know what the reagent is that was used.

Less than $3 a tube...

find water stuff snipped

Not looking for water, we're looking for alcohol...

Actually many of us are curious about each, and some of use would be
interested to know both.

Peter