Old October 15th 17, 04:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Beringer Disc Brake Kit for Schemm-Hirth gliders - experience andeffectiveness?

Thanks for the info, Mark.Â* I had Beringer brakes on my Pipistrel and
they worked great.

On 10/15/2017 8:42 AM, wrote:
Dan- The Beringer is engineered specifically for the narrow landing gear fork found on sailplanes. The disk and caliper are mostly inside the wheel rim so adequate clearance is achieved. The Stemme has much more room, so a Cleveland wheel and caliper are fine in that application. There simply isn't enough space between the gear legs for a Cleveland.

--
Dan, 5J