Old October 15th 17, 06:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
James Thomson[_2_]

Default Beringer Disc Brake Kit for Schemm-Hirth gliders - experience and effectiveness?

At 15:39 15 October 2017, John Carlyle wrote:
Wings & Wheels offer disc brake conversion kits for a number of

makes of
gliders. Here's the ad for Schempp-Hirth gliders:
http://wingsandwheels.com/conversion...mpp-hirth.html

I have no experience with these kits (and no connection to W&W). At

one
time I was considering modifying my LS8-18, but I've since found the
factory brakes work well enough if you keep them adjusted properly.

-John, Q3

The Tost catalogue shows a range of retrofit kits for drum to disk
conversion, many with EASA or glider manufacturer approval. They
offer kits for S-H gliders in both 4" and 5" wheel form, and acknowledge
the space issues! No details are given on whose caliper is used, their
own or Cleveland, but I'm sure they will tell you if you ask.