Old October 15th 17, 06:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Beringer Disc Brake Kit for Schemm-Hirth gliders - experience and effectiveness?

On Saturday, October 14, 2017 at 10:29:58 PM UTC+2, WaltWX wrote:
Can anyone recommend the Beringer disc brake kit for Ventus, Discus or Schemmp-Hirth gliders? I'm seriously considering retrofitting my D2A after a nearly disastrous run off the runway up at Ely ... partially due to fading brake (plenty of pilot error problems too...)

I'm especially interested in it's effectiveness to "... put the glider up on it's nose..." in cases of an emergency stop. Also, any issues or procedures for infield tire replacements.

Walt Rogers WX

The tubeless beringers on D2a's seemed to have repeated problems with flats in Australia at the worlds... unsure whether it was the heat or the thorns or both.