Thread: Train Wreck
View Single Post
Old November 2nd 17, 02:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ron Gleason
external usenet poster

Default Train Wreck

On Thursday, 2 November 2017 07:51:54 UTC-6, wrote:
What I said just my opinion as a fellow competitor. I was looking forward to a day 4 at Cordele this year because a TAT was called and cloud bases were low. To me that meant pilots would get separated and I felt that would help me make up points on SF. Unfortunately, the day was cancelled and we ended up a three day nationals with three ATs.

So my assessment is based on flying against the guy and seeing his body language when a MAT or a TAT is called. He actually cringes because he knows it may be his undoing. BB expressed his opinion yesterday and he felt differently. Those other competitors voted their opinions and results were tallied. That is how the selection process went. Again, in the 15m, he was offered a spot.

If you have been to SF’s Facebook page or webpage you know he attacked everyone involved and said a bunch of things that had no basis in fact. Before I said anything here I tried to call him personally. He wouldn’t take my call. I then posted a reply on Facebook to counter some of the misinformation. It and all dissenting remarks have been removed. I wouldn’t put too much stock on any analysis assembled by Sean on his own page.

I stand by my assessment and don’t feel badly commenting on a guy who so freely shares his opinions with the world. If Sean’s your friend and if you want help him out maybe you can call him help him deal with situation in more graceful manner.

Sean Murphy

Sean, you are ranked 5th for 15M. Do you know who has decided to accept their selection? Have you been selected and are you going?

Ron Gleason