Old November 2nd 17, 05:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bojack J4

Default Train Wreck

Hmmm, not being a member of the "in crowd", nor a facebook user, to me it seems that Scott was extremely disappointed and angered at being denied the position on the 18m squad. Would he have qualified for 18m with the previous non-political system? Maybe that's why?
I mean, the guy did very well in Benella in 18m and was as high as 2nd overall at one point (to accolades of approval and support here on ras).
His effort of shipping glider to Australia et al was a great service to the USA, as was his performance. We all know it takes a combination of equipment, skill and luck to win. So, maybe next time he would get luckier? Can't blame him for wanting to try.
As for declining the 15m spot....maybe he wasn't gracious (anger does that to a person) but many have declined offered spots on the team for various personal reasons so that shouldnt be held against him.
Just wanna say...I hardly know the guy. I'm just a fly on the ras wall, but something seems wrong.