Old February 21st 06, 12:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Narrowing it down... Comanche?

-- One obvious contender I bypassed here is the Mooneys. I'm ready for
contrary opinions here, but my reading seems to indicate that early models
will be claustrophobic, at best; the "middle" models (the M20J) start
getting better but have marginal useful loads; and the "later" models have
all you could want but are big bucks....

What was your price point again ? I doubt you'll be claustrophobic in
any Mooney. They all have tremendous legroom for front seat passengers
and the cabin width is equal to or wider than any other single engine GA
airplane (Cirrus not withstanding). A Mooney 231 if it fits your price
point is worth a look and the 'E' model if a 231 is too much $$$. All
Mooneys have +/- 1000 lb useful load. I am biased, flying a Bravo now
and "C" model previously.
---
Ken Reed
N9124X