Old July 2nd 03, 01:00 AM
BUFDRVR

Default "Pilot can't get general to recuse"

A stock car
racer in an Indy car (in a full field) can't process the information fast
enough, whereas an Indy racer in a stock car would probably be
bored with the amount of time to make decisions.

Wrong. Do a Google search on Al Unser's venture into NASCAR around '95-'95.
Yes, CART was turning laps at 220+ while NASCAR was around 180+, but Unser was
quite impressed (actually he said scared) with the close distances NASCAR
constantly ran at it compared to CART. Which, to close the loop on your
analogy means, speed isn't everything.

Most heavy pilots have no concept of a velocity vector (I'm exaggerating),
while an F-16 pilot is way out in front of the jet. A heavy pilot in
an F-16 is apt to freak-out with an M-16 going off 15kft below him,
while a fighter pilot in an F-16 would probably just bump the throttle
a bit, or maybe yawn.

I've flown both ME and RED FLAG sorties with fighter pilots and to a man, each
was impressed with the complexities involved with maneuvering a 380,000+ jet
around in a high threat enviornment. Chances are an F-16 pilot engaged by an
SA-2 in a B-52H would either over G the jet or become confused on how to
maneuver without doing so. Hell, give me 9 G's and there's nothing (well, OK
almost nothing) I wouldn't feel comfortable facing.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"