Old January 23rd 04, 12:22 AM
Alan Dicey

Cub Driver wrote:
The He 111 was required (like all German bombers) to function as a
dive bomber. So every model in service would have qualified.

?

I know that the He177, famously, had dive-bombing as part of its
requirement (in 1938...), that the Ju88 was designed with the capability
but never used it and the Do217-E was employed as a dive-bomber for a
while (structural strain and loss of control put a stop to it).

But I've never seen any mention of an He111, Do17/215, Ju86 or Ju52 (to
go in reverse chronolgical order) performing dive attacks, or being
required to. Can you say where you got this information from, please?