Old April 7th 04, 06:28 PM
Art Varrassi

DH, One other excellent resource I would recommend is a book titled "Cockpit
Automation" by Stephen Casner, Iowa State Press Publishing. It provides
step-by-step instructions on the use of both the Bendix/King KLN 94 and the
Garmin GNS 430 IFR GPS computers and includes a DVD that demonstrates both
units in use.

Art Varrassi
PP-ASEL
Instrument Student

"DH" wrote in message
Thanks everyone!-- This discussion was quite helpful. I had already
downloaded the manual, which is not bad. But based on your feedback,
although a bit expensive (about $100 for the DVD), I'm going to get the
DVD-- my sense is that it will be a worthwhile adjunct to really learning

use the unit.

On 4/1/04 7:22 PM, in article , "John
Clonts" wrote:

Don't forget "take-home mode".

When I was studying for IR I spent quite a few hours flying approaches

on my
kitchen table with my KLN-94 hooked up to a 12-V power supply.

If anybody wants the pin-outs for that I can look them up again...

Cheers,
John Clonts
Temple, Texas
N7NZ