Old December 14th 03, 11:22 AM
Andrew Rowley

Roger Halstead wrote:

Doesn't really matter. Had the weather gone as forecast he'd not have
needed any. It's not really a matter of being required, but rather
one of being of help.

There seem to be a lot of unforgiving people who could use a bit of
compassion when some one else screws up.

The latest reports suggest they are now refusing to provide weather
forecasts. The policy down there seems to be that they won't let you
die, but that's about all you can expect. I have read that they
refused use of their phone, and I also heard that they would not allow
him to charge his own phone. There was an article about the policy in
todays newspaper:
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...125711709.html